From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE ownership?
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 09:11:29
1 karshi.hasanov@××××××××.ca wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I am trying to create a shortcut for some applications in KDE, but most
6 > of them are owned by
7 > root and not allowing me to change it. How do I change the ownership?
8 > For example, for ".desktop" program?
9
10 If you want to create shortcuts usable by all users on your machine, you
11 should be root while u create the shortcuts.
12 if you work as a normal user all kde kustomizations go into
13 ~/.kde/share.
14 shortcuts are in the applnk subdir. Move them as root to
15 /opt/kde2.1/share/applnk if you want to make em globaly usable on your
16 machine.
17
18 bye achim~
19