From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Boost maintenance
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 20:21:59
A few months ago I spent some time bringing dev-libs/boost up to date
because it was blocking some Python issues. Sebastian Luther helped me
out (I more or less proxied from his overlay [2]). However, since I
have no intrinsic interest in Boost, I have found it hard to find time
to keep maintaining it (particularly since it's a pretty large
package, and far from my area of expertise). Sebastian also seems
slightly less available, though that might be due in part to my lack
of interest. In any case, I'm going to remove myself from the
maintainer-list. dev-zero is still in there, but AFAICT he hasn't
spent any time on it over the past six months or so. If anybody else
would like to pick it up (there are a lot of enthousiastic users in
bugzilla [1]), that would be swell!

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Boost maintenance Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>