From: Marcus A Martin <shalidor@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo installation problems
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:08:19
1 >
2 >Use the "-d" flag for debug. This should throw out copious amounts of
3 >information. In addition to "-d" you may want to use the "-T" flag for
4 >test mode. It'll show you what's supposed to happen, but won't actually
5 >change anything (not like it matters right now, but for future
6 >edification).
7 Thanks. This will help.
10 >: Was there supposed to be a dhclient file in the /sbin directory, or was
11 >: it removed and the OFF_inet.dhcp_eth0 file was not updated??
12 >
13 >What version are you running. I just looked at both the i686-exclusive
14 >and x86-build cds that I have and OFF_inet.dhcp_eth0 used dhcpcd.
15
16 I got the build CD from the following link.
17 http://www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/releases/1.0_rc5/isos/gentoo-ix86-build-1.0_rc5-r4.iso.
21 >Hey quick question. Did you set the network up before you did the
22 >chroot?
23 I have not yet done a chroot. That is in step 6, I am still in step 3.
24
25 Marcus