From: "Zurcher
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gdkpixbuf problem in gnome, nautilus, et al
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:16:54
1 Hi, installed gentoo today (love the way things work, great job!)...
2
3 However, I merged gnome in and it did so fine, and loads... but the images
4 are messed up.
5
6 On the panel they're just gone, and for nautilus they just show up as the
7 "blank-page" icon.
8
9 Plus a lot of things crash. I believe the message below is the cause of all
10 this unhappiness (it shows up for everything that crashses, plus a google
11 search indicates the symptoms I desbribe to be related to the pixbuf
12 system). In fact, the entire /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders directory is empty.
13 Not being familiar yet with the ins and outs of how all this works... could
14 somebody tell me what I need to do to get a working gnome desktop? I
15 haven't subscribed to the list yet, so please CC me in on your replies,
16 thanks.
17
18 --stephen
19
20 ** WARNING **: Unable to load module: libpixbufloader-png.so:
21 libpixbufloader-png.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
22 directory