From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] preserve_old_lib and I'm even more lazy
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:27:46
1 On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
2 > FWIW, I'll second the ZFS > btrfs suggestion.
3
4 Oh, if you need a safe COW filesystem today I'd definitely recommend
5 ZFS over btrfs for sure, although I suspect the people who are most
6 likely to take this sort of advice are also the sort of people who are
7 most likely to not be running Gentoo. There are a bazillion problems
8 with btrfs as it stands.
9
10 However, fundamentally there is no reason to think that ZFS will
11 remain better in the future, once the bugs are worked out. They're
12 still focusing on keeping btrfs from hosing your data - tuning
13 performance is not a priority yet. However, the b-tree design of
14 btrfs should scale very well once the bugs are worked out.
15
16 Rich