From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS and non-devs (again!)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:48:46
1 On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:00:57 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | The only way this would work would be if the actual merging of a
4 | tainted package would taint your whole system forever. Packages can
5 | leave their trails for long, very long times and have effects all over
6 | the place. So in the end I don't think it works
7
8 I suggested this a while back (after more BMG-related fun...). The
9 conclusion was that it would be useless, because there would almost
10 certainly be de-taint'patches' courtesy of you-know-who out within an
11 hour or two...
14 Ciaran McCreesh
15 Mail: ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm