From: Arndt Faulhaber <arndt.faulhaber@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Error in Document...?
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 07:40:51
1 Hi there,
2
3 I think I might have found a little error in the installation instructions
4 to Gentoo 1.4rc1... (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/build.html)
5
6 to compile the kernel like
7 make dep && make clean bzImage modules modules_install
8
9 doesn't that fail, since the dependencies get deleted by make clean...?
10
11 I thought it should be like:
12 make clean && make dep bzImage modules modules_install
13
14 I'm not really sure about it, though I thought that I'd rather tell you,
15 since booting without a kernel might get tricky ;)
16
17 Cheers, Arndt
18
19 PS: Otherwise cool work!!! I'm just trying Gentoo for the first time but it
20 looks quite nice and this distribution was something I have been looking
21 for for ages... ;)
22
24 SOLOGIC
25 Arndt Faulhaber