From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Commit signing for metadata/* repos
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 15:40:55
1 On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > there are some additional git repositories which need to be added to
5 > metadata/ subdirectories to make the 'gentoo' git repository usable
6 > for /usr/portage. Specifically, those are dtd, glsa, news and
7 > xml-schema.
8 >
9 > It'd be great if developers could sign their commits in these repos,
10 > too. (I don't really care about dtd and xml-schema, but for the other
11 > two, I think this would make much sense.)
12 >
13 > Currently, it looks like commits to xml-schema aren't signed at all,
14 > all commits to glsa are signed, and commits to the other two repos are
15 > partly signed.
16
17 The content of gentoo-news.git should already be covered by the
18 detached signatures that are required to be present for each file.
19 What is the benefit to requiring the commits themselves be signed?