From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kdump
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:40:29
1 On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Justin <jlec@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > if someone is interested in implementing any infrastructure for a more
4 > advanced usage of kdump for gentoo, please contact me.
7 I've blogged a bit about this and wrote the wiki page. However, the
8 last time I actually tried to use kdump it wasn't working. I don't
9 remember the details. I know I could boot another kernel immediately,
10 but if I loaded a crash kernel it wouldn't actually boot on a panic.
11
12 It would be nice to have a more official solution for this on Gentoo.
13 I don't mind messing around with it. I don't have a ton of time but
14 if you want to take the lead I can try to pitch in a bit.
15
16 Rich