From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About forcing rebuilds of other packages issue
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 00:45:14
1 On 06/06/2012 12:23 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 21:16:05 +0200
3 > Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Well, I think reading this thread is more or less clear what it would
5 >> be supposed to do, also Zac suggested it and looks to have an idea
6 >> about what should it do.
7 >
8 > There's a big leap from "more or less clear" and "an idea" to the kind
9 > of knowledge we want to have. Think REQUIRED_USE for how this can go
10 > wrong...
11 >
12 > If you think ABI_SLOT is essential, why not try implementing it and
13 > trying it out in a large number of packages, and reporting your results?
14
15 It's pretty close to the SLOT operator model, and it seems like it
16 should work fine. We can deploy EAPI 5_pre1 with ABI_SLOT support, and
17 test it in an overlay before we include it in the final EAPI 5.
18 --
19 Thanks,
20 Zac