From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] torsmo has been recontinued named conky. plan on removing torsmo
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:58:42
1 On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:08:13 +1100
2 Daniel <dragonheart@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I propose removing torsmo and placing a package.move entry so
5 > that conky will be the logical upgrade (after all it was the same
6 > code base).
7
8 How will users understand what happened to their good old torsmo,
9 which used to work fine for months but suddenly disapeared after
10 an "emerge -u world"?
11
12 I think it would be better to package.mask it with some comment
13 like "Deprecated, masked in favor of app-admin/conky", because
14 that's something emerge reports when it makes world updates fail
15 (whereas package moves are absolutly silent and implicit).
16
17 In short, for me it's just like any other package deprecation,
18 because actually the "same code base" argument doesn't really
19 matter from a user point of view.
22 TGL.
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list