From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: "C Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: llvm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: LLVM
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 17:34:44
1 On 19/08/16 19:13, C Bergström wrote:
2 > I finally got it to build and here's the size numbers
3 > 952K ./lib/libc++abi.a
4 > 616K ./lib/libc++abi.so.1.0
5 >
6 > If the above isn't enough motivation and you really want benchmarks
7 > which prove it's a pig... I'll try to figure something else
8 >
9 > Not exactly a 1:1 comparison because I think other things are mixed in, but...
10 > 352K /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.9/libsupc++.a
11 > 356K /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/libsupc++.a
12 >
13 > In the land of HPC we frequently statically link stuff... not that
14 > 864KB is big by any sort of modern definition, but it does raise
15 > questions..
18 We aren't in love with any specific implementation of it so it is nice
19 to have some comparison.
20
21 We could probably start a page in the wiki about it.
22
23 As said, the only part that makes uncomfortable about libcxxrt seems the
24 lack of versions and releases.
25
26 Surely we can cut another snapshot out of it and be happy about it.
27
28 lu