From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dynamic groups and users
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 08:42:40
1 >>>>> On Wed, 07 Aug 2019, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 2019-08-06 at 13:41 +0200, Jaco Kroon wrote:
4 >> Attaching. It seems for some reason if I inline the patches they don't
5 >> come through. If I mail to myself only it works just fine.
6
7 > Actually, I think it should be changed the other way around.
8
9 enewuser() checks for EUID being 0 before it even enters that code.
10 So you can only create the root user if you are the root user already.
11
12 > I don't see any reason to prohibit having a user/group package for
13 > root.
14
15 Is creation of (additional) users with UID 0 a good idea from a
16 security point of view? Maybe it is better to explicitly forbid it?
17
18 Ulrich