From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo git workflows and the stabilization/keywording process
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:11:38
1 On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > Ian Stakenvicius:
3 >>> I wonder if it would make sense to set up a practice git tree
4 >>> somewhere so that people can try working together on workflows/etc.
5 >>> We can clone a migrated tree (I have one from a few days ago on
6 >>> github).
7 >>
8 >> Definitely. I'd volunteer for that (doing my updates to both git and
9 >> cvs trees), and I expect others would as well.
13 > https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-gitmig
14 >
15 > * the cloned repo is about ~600mb big after checking out the files (the
16 > .git dir is just 76mb) and has no significant history, so a normal clone
17 > fetches about the same size of a portage snapshot
18 > * last import of ebuilds was today (and I think I'll leave it at that)
19 > * no ChangeLogs
20 > * thin Manifests
23 Would it make more sense to use a migrated repository as the starting
24 point, such as this one:
25 https://github.com/rich0/gentoo-gitmig-2014-09-15
26
27 Also, can you grant me access to push to gentoo/gentoo-gitmig?
30 Rich