From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] proposal: make gentoo-core publicly read-only
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:32:05
1 Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o> writes:
4 >> > And I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure that many
5 >> > other non-profit Linux distributions have non-open lists. In fact, I
6 >> > would be very surprised if any Linux distributions don't.
7 >>
8 >> And since then was that an excuse? I thought Gentoo wanted to be better than other distros.
9 >
10 > I am guessing you consult your children in all decisions you make
11 > regarding them (if you have any)? Or if you are a manager, do you
12 > consult with your workers in decisions you make ?
13
14 Gentoo developers are the wise parents, and the user-base are our
15 children in need of our guidance? Is that how the analog works?
16
17 Matt
18 --
19 Matthew Kennedy