From: Phil Richards <news@××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:44:55
1 On 2006-04-04, m h <sesquile@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > > > You say it should be obvious like it's fact. Not everything is obvious
3 > > > to everyone--Not everyone is a Steve or Stephanie. They may interpret
4 > > > conveyed information in different ways and the ambiguity does not help
5 > > > at all.
6 > > It should be obvious to anybody who bothered to read the description for
7 > > this mailing list before signing up. I can't fix ignorance.
8 > "General Gentoo developer discussion mailing list" is the
9 > description... I guess my post was not general enough. ;)
10
11 Indeed. There is an assumption that "Gentoo developer" should in fact be
12 read "Gentoo Developer". And, of course, unless you know about the
13 special status of the proper noun "Gentoo Developer" you are likely to
14 think it is just somebody who develops stuff with/for Gentoo. Hey,
15 I've written some ebuilds locally, doesn't that mean I'm a (small-d)
16 Gentoo developer? Probably.
17
18 The list description could probably be a little more precise, I suspect.
19 I *know* I'm not stupid, and I misunderstood the intent of the mailing
20 list those years ago that I subscribed.
21
22 Anyway, wrt "I can't fix ignorance" - yes, actually you can. If that
23 wasn't true then we'd all still in caves banging rocks together.
24
25 phil
26
27 back to lurking