From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo/AMD64 status update
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:14:05
1 Hi All,
2
3 Gentoo/AMD64 is working fine, but development has halted due to us
4 having no physical access to hardware. We're unable to proceed with
5 LiveCD/kernel testing due to not having access to a physical box. Since
6 AMD is unwilling to provide hardware, we're somewhat stuck.
7
8 If anyone is able to donate an Opteron or AMD64 system to allow us to
9 complete the port (mainly just LiveCD/kernel testing,) please let us
10 know. If worse comes to worse, we can save up and use some store revenue
11 to buy a box outright. If you are a hardware company and willing to
12 offer us a generous discount on the purchase of an AMD64 box, please let
13 us know.
14
15 Best Regards,
16