From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] am I ready to step into Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 23:59:04
1 Santiago M. Mola wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Federico Ferri <xaero@××××××.it> wrote:
3 >> my computer-related hobbies (or I should say time-killers!) are Tcl
4 >> (scripting language) and Pure-Data (multimedia dataflow environment). I
5 >> regularly use Pd to create audio/video apps, and Tcl for everything else
6 >> that doesn't fit Pd, I've also developed a Tcl-Pd loader, that allows to
7 >> code externals for Pd in Tcl.
8 >> see my Pd page at [3].
9 >>
10 >> perhaps that's the category I should belong to...(?)
11 >> I keep occasional contact with Tcl developers, so I could bring some love to
12 >> the Tcl/Tk Gentoo herd (yes, I am a Tcl/Tk fan, as you can see on my
13 >> wikipage at [4])
14 >> I've also set up an overlay (pd-overlay, [5]) and used to develop together
15 >> with ColdWind (actually a Gentoo dev) ebuilds for EVERY pd external!
16 >>
17 >> [...]
18 >>
19 >> so what's going to be my next step into Gentoo? perhaps finding a mentor?
20 >> ColdWind would you...? any one else?
23 > I'm in contact with Federico, we agreed that the recruitment process
24 > will start when the exams are over, but he's going to start slowly
25 > working on it before.
26
27 I could help if you need.
28
29 > I think he can do good work on tcltk, and who knows if he'll work on
30 > bringing PureData to Gentoo too!
31
32 Additional points if he makes coccinella work on non x86:
33 - requires getting tile and treectl in portage
34 - requires hacking a bit the coccinella sources
35
36 lu
40 Luca Barbato
41 Gentoo Council Member