From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Asking for permission to update packages from LINGUAS to L10N
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 21:10:03
1 On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:22:24 -0400
2 NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I was going through my packages to make sure that I was compliant with
5 > this change, and found that I was not. The l10n eclass makes use of
6 > the LINGUAS USE_EXPAND and isn't covered in the tracker bug. I
7 > attempted to read through the old thread to see if someone mentioned
8 > that eclass, but I must have missed it if someone mentioned it. Are
9 > we EOL'ing that eclass, or keeping it (update or revbump)?
10
11 I asked mgorny about it. He said it's not his playground. I was
12 dealing with MakeMKV, which is an awkward one, but in the end I simply
13 decided to drop the flags and install all the files. I'm not sure if
14 using the eclass makes sense any more as it revolves around keeping the
15 flags up-to-date. In most cases, you're not supposed to use the flags
16 any more and when you are, it's for optional language packs that
17 require additional downloads. The eclass can't help you there.
20 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
21 Gentoo Linux Developer