From: Rafael Bugajewski <rb@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] I want to help, but I don't know where
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:08:25
1 Hi,
2
3 at first I'm new at this list (I subscribed yesterday), so excuse me if I
4 write stupid things... possibly there is a page or FAQ about this subject,
5 but I really didn't find it.
6
7 I want to help and I don't know where. I tried to find a page at gentoo.org
8 which lists needed manpower or at least gives some hints, but I didn't find
9 nothing. Also the support is for people who search for support and not for
10 people who want to support Gentoo. That's not the point of my mail at all,
11 but possibly there should be some (better placed) information about this
12 subject?
13
14 O.K., I want to describe my person a little bit. Sincerely I come from Poland
15 and live in Germany now. I speak Polish, German and English. I am 20 years
16 old and studying computer science at the University of Bremen. I'm in the
17 middle of my studies now. I use Gentoo since a lot of years (I forgot the
18 exact date), before Gentoo I used a self-made distribution based on LFS. I
19 can write applications in C(++), Java and PHP. Personally I write rather
20 end-user applications, but during my studies I also had exercises like "write
21 your own file system (O.K., it was FAT12 ;)", "write your own memory
22 management" etc. So basic knowledge about operating systems should also be
23 there. My knowledge in XHTML and CSS is also good, because it's my job for
24 more than five years.
25
26 I think this should be enough for a first profile. I can tell more, if
27 somebody wants to know more. Can anybody tell me how can I help? Is my help
28 needed or should I rather participate somewhere else?
29
30 Greets,
31
32 Rafael Bugajewski