From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolution - GTK Useflag Situation
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 03:32:15
1 On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 20:24 +0900, Chris White wrote:
2 [..]
3 > Marduk,
4 >
5 > >I have a different solution that should, no doubt, satisfy both
6 > sides:
7 > >
8 > >We fork Gentoo. Create a new distro, called GenOne. This distro
9 > will
10 > >include only older wares such as GTK1, Kernel 2.4, libc5, XFree86,
11 > devfs,
12 > >a.out binaries, DES passwords, etc. It will be just as good as
13 > Gentoo, but
14 > >catered to
15 > >old-timers and and those who prefer to reminisce about the good ol'
16 > days.
17 >
18 > This is what we call flaming, please don't waste time with this.
19 > It's
20 > annoying as hell, ends up making threads longer than they need, and
21 > does
22 > nothing to benifit the argument. Thanks.
23
24 Flaming? I wasn't flaming. There's nothing I said that was the least
25 bit insulting or controversial. All that I was doing, for the benefit
26 of the list, is to introduce a little humor with the intent of perhaps
27 getting a chuckle here or there. Ha ha. Some people got it. You
28 didn't.
29
30 -m
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list