From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Begin a dev-libs/nodejs category?
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 18:34:18
1 W dniu wto, 20.03.2018 o godzinie 07∶50 -0400, użytkownik Herb Miller
2 Jr. napisał:
3 > When I did my homework on creating nodejs ebuilds (not nodejs itself but
4 > packages written in node), it seems the topic has come up a few times in
5 > the past but the time commitment and general disorganization of upstream
6 > has scared off any serious attempts at packaging.
7 >
8 > Seeing as there has been interest in nodejs packages, and in the end we
9 > could be talking 400-600+ packages, would it be possible to create
10 > dev-libs/nodejs category? I would be happy to write and proxy-maintain
11 > ebuilds for a large number of them to get things in motion. I've already
12 > opened pull request #7427 [1] for chalk and its dependencies. I'm aiming
13 > to build up to all the dependencies needed for Visual Studio Code OSS.
14
15 I think you meant 'dev-nodejs'.
18 > [1]:https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/7427
19 >