From: "Xianwen Chen (陈贤文)" <x@××××.ac>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] How to set CXX compiler?
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 22:34:33
1 Dear all,
2
3 I got a newbie question.
4
5 I need to patch a Makefile, for a package I am working on my own layman
6 repo. The package is sci-geosciences/sosicon. It converts spatial data
7 that is in sosi format, which is the national standard format in Norway,
8 to a shape file or to PostGIS.
9
10 In the Makefile, it is written that
11
12 cc = g++
13
14 I would like to use sed to patch it so that it ebuild knows which g++ to
15 use. For example, depending on whether ccache is set, ebuild shall know
16 whether to use ccache.
17
18 I tried to replace g++ with ${CXX}$. I also tried to replace g++ with
19 $(tc-getCXX). Neither was working. I have also tried a number of other
20 potential solutions that I thought might work.
21
22 Any hint, please?
23
24 Yours sincerely,