From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: per package eclass GLEP
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:07:57
Wouldn't it also make sense to have "per-category eclasses"? This seems much more useful for me.

Examples where this would already make sense today: kde-meta, latex-package, ...

Best, Andreas

On Sunday 19 September 2010 21:14:56 Matti Bickel wrote:
> I'm a couple weeks late with this, but here goes: > from my failed attempts at reviving GLEP33 grow a discussion with > ferringb on IRC about how to get what I wanted anyway :) > > We agreed that having eclasses specific to a package located someplace > near the actual ebuilds was beneficial and should be supported by PMs > somehow. Someplace and somehow are specified along some other details in > the attached proposed GLEP. > > I'm posting this for review by the wider community, at the same time > asking the GLEP editors (antarus? pva?) for guidance on the formalities. > I gather the GLEP should get a number and be uploaded in CVS somewhere, > as well as appear on the GLEP project page. > > So, yeah, what do you think? Is it worth it? Can the draft be improved? > I'm specifically interested in the amount of work involved in supporting > something like the thing laid out in the GLEP in our current PMs. >
-- Andreas K. Huettel Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, sunrise dilfridge@g.o

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: per package eclass GLEP Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>