From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2005.1 profile gives devfs as virtual
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:33:02
1 On Tuesday 06 September 2005 17:33, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > Sorry, but that's neither adequate nor polite as a response
3
4 You've rattled me enough that I only responded to this part.
5
6 > to the genuine problem which I raised as the original poster.
7
8 It wasn't a response to the original poster. It was only a reponse to your
9 email.
10
11 > The answer to your question should be clear from the rest of my message
12
13 It wasn't clear. That's why I asked "why?"
14
15 > -- the present warning is misleading, as everyone has agreed --
16 > & your other response needs some explanation on your part.
17
18 Why do my other responses need more explanation? I didn't even use the
19 standard contractions that portage devs use when talking to each other, but
20 instead used terminology to ensure that any ebuild dev would understand.
21
22 > Someone else has suggested that Portage can't handle a N/Y of this kind,
23
24 That suggestion is incorrect as my working tested patch shows.
25
26 > but in that case please offer some confirmation at least.
27
28 I already had via the patch.
31 Jason Stubbs