From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devleopment sources are no longer 'development' - example
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:52:46
1 On Thursday 26 August 2004 16:04, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > > > Kernels are already SLOTted based on their version, so I don't think it
3 > > > would cause a problem. All we would have to do is be sure to document
4 > > > that if a user wants to stick with a 2.4 gentoo-sources, that they
5 > > > should p.mask >=sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.5*
6 > >
7 > > If that's it, that's not so bad. But where do we document such a
8 > > change?
9
10 This is also where the profiles come in. The default profile would mask the
11 2.6 series of the kernel so users will not be surprised by such a big update.
12
13 Paul
16 Paul de Vrieze
17 Gentoo Developer