From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Tying loose ends: possible removal of app-misc/leocad
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:40:06
1 Hi gang.
2
3 I need to get some idea on the use of the mentioned app.
4 app-misc/leocad is a CAD of sorts - based around Leo constructor bricks.
5
6 Unfortunately looks like this app developed some sort of incompatibility with
7 later gcc/glibc's or something else. there is a save/load bug that
8 essentially prohibits any meanignfull use of the app (you can play with it
9 and save your results, but upon oprening it eats up all CPU power and never
10 vomes back, #11125).
11 For this very reason this app has never made it into stable and what's more
12 disturbing - it hasn't been updated in over a year, although its cvs branch
13 does seem to get an occasional glitch of activity like once half a year..
14
15 This leads me to the following: I am considering pulling this app off the
16 portage tree and asking for some usage feedback. The app is not a dependency
17 of anything, so aside actual usage by people nothing blocks the puling
18 action.
19 Therefore I would like to ask anybody interested in this package to checkout
20 #11125 and leave your feedback (tips, success/failure stories) there. I will
21 wait for another week and then, provided nobody votes for it and preferably
22 points to the fix, remove it from the tree.
23
24 George
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list