From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New Project: MATE
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 20:13:30
1 On Thu, 2015-07-02 at 21:50 +0200, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > El jue, 02-07-2015 a las 15:40 -0400, NP-Hardass escribió:
3 > > Greetings all,
4 > >
5 > > Looking for some feedback on creating a new project and herd for the
6 > > MATE Desktop environment. The goal, like many other DE based
7 > > projects,
8 > > is to provide up to date packaging and as complete an offering of the
9 > > DE's packages as possible.
10 > >
11 > > Currently, the packages of the MATE Desktop DE are listed as
12 > > maintained
13 > > by TomWij (who is on long term devaway). Prior to acceptance into
14 > > the
15 > > Gentoo repo, it was worked on by lxnay and steev. All 3 have either
16 > > not responded to inquiries, or have expressed limited interest in
17 > > maintaining the DE. As a result, I felt the best way to support
18 > > users
19 > > was to move support of MATE away from any individual, and create a
20 > > project and associated herd to manage the packages, thus allowing any
21 > > developer that is interested in helping out an easy means of doing
22 > > so.
23 > >
24 > > I've created a prospective Wiki project page:
25 > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:MATE and intend to have a mail
26 > > alias, mate@g.o, and an email channel for Gentoo support and
27 > > development, #gentoo-mate.
28 > >
29 > > Any feedback regarding the aforementioned would be greatly
30 > > appreciated.
31 > >
32 > > --
33 > > NP-Hardass
36 > I fully agree and I hope that helps with current MATE maintenance that
37 > is a bit stalled due to Tomwij devaway
38
39 Had a look at gentoo-mate repo and it seems it has stalled?
40
41 Jocke