From: Alex Alexander <wired@g.o>
To: Gentoo-ML-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: pr@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] rfc: Qt version 4.5.2 news item
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 06:40:43
1 We're planning on stablereq'ing Qt 4.5.2 (really) soon, so I've
2 written this news item to cover default USE flag changes that could
3 confuse users :)
4
5 Please review, thanks:
6
7 Title: Qt 4.5.2 default USE flag changes
8 Author: Alex Alexander <wired@g.o>
9 Content-Type: text/plain
10 Posted: 2009-09-23
11 Revision: 1
12 News-Item-Format: 1.0
13 Display-If-Installed: <x11-libs/qt-core-4.5.2
14
15 Qt version 4.5.2 has significant changes in the USE flags enabled by default.
16
17 When upgrading, make sure you check and re-enable any USE flags you need.
18
19 Depending on your system and installed packages, you might hit an issue where
20 portage is getting confused by this USE flag change, trying to mix old 4.5.1
21 ebuilds with new 4.5.2 ones, resulting in blocks.
22
23 If this happens to you, please add the offending USE flags (usually
24 'qt3support' and 'dbus') in your USE= or switch to a desktop profile (eselect
25 profile list). Check this post [0] for more details on this issue.
26
27 [0] http://www.linuxized.com/p192
30 Alex || wired
31 Gentoo Dev