From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Scratching of GLEP22
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:06:22
1 Hi all,
2
3 In the last days on gentoo-alt we discussed about the need for a
4 reorganization of keywords for Gentoo/ALT projects, basically what is being
5 treated by GLEP22 currently.
6
7 And it was quite unanimous that GLEP22 solution is not adapt. Having a 4-part
8 keyword is not going to help anything. The new ${ELIBC} ${KERNEL} and
9 ${USERLAND} supersedes that; also we're going to make them automatically
10 loaded from $CHOST/$CBUILD. The new keywords are being simplified to a simple
11 2-part keywords like they are used now (x86-fbsd ppc-macos ...).
12
13 For this reason I'd like to ask the retirement by scratch of GLEP22.. hope
14 you'll let me do that without having to write a GLEP that removes a GLEP
15 (it's recursive...)
16
17 Thanks,
18 --
19 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
20 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE