From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] compilation flags
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 17:24:49
1 Hello,
2 I'm sitting here watching my system slowly rebuild itself using gcc3,
3 and I'm noting a lot of packages add -Wall and other compilation flags
4 that arent necessary in a final compile. This is probably to be
5 considered a bug in the package, but may not be of big importance.
6
7 now, -Wall makes gcc3 use a lot more memory, and a slight speed
8 decrease, for no use at all since we dont really care about compile
9 warnings in an ebuild. so I wonder:
10
11 Is there an easy way to remove -Wall from compilations?
12
13 a sed script on the makefiles -could- do it, but this requires
14 intervention in all packages, something I was hoping to avoid, so other
15 ideas will be most welcome.
19 //Spider
23 begin happy99.exe
24 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
26 end