From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please subscribe to travis-ci mail alias to get notifications on depgraph breakages
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 15:00:30
1 On Sat, 11 Apr 2015 21:57:13 -0500 Gordon Pettey wrote:
2 > On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 > > While I must admit that travis is a quite convenient tool (thought
6 > > it has its limitations), I'd like to raise related software freedom
7 > > concern.
8 > >
9 > > Travis itself is a closed, proprietary and non-trivial-to-replace
10 > > solution.
13 > Looks pretty open to me... https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci
14 > Replacement may be non-trivial purely due to the large number
15 > of components involved, but closed and proprietary are a bit
16 > extreme.
17
18 Problem is not in replacement only. Travis is a GitHub lock-in:
19 https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci README.markdown
20
21 Without GitHub Travis is useless, as it can't be used with any
22 other solution. And GitHub itself is closed.
23
24 Do you aware of any local Travis setup out there? There are none to
25 my knowledge.
26
27 Best regards,
28 Andrew Savchenko