From: Vincent FLEURANCEAU <vincent@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Projetc name
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:42:56
1 Hi!
2
3 First of all: BRAVO for your great work!
4
5 I have a new project in mind. But it is not a new distro project... It deals
6 with Free Software.
7
8 To be short: would you be interrested in renaming "Gentoo Linux" in "Gentoo
9 GNU/Linux" on your web site and wherever it appears?
10
11 At the moment, only the Debian Project clearly names it distro "Debian
12 GNU/Linux".
13
14 I know that your main goal is to make is a high-performance GNU/Linux
15 distribution and the use of free software is not necessary. But I'm sure you
16 could help without having to do a lot... Every GNU/Linux user should have in
17 mind that Linux depends on many great tools from the GNU Project.
18
19 I asked some questions to Richard M. Stallman about my project. He answerd
20 (yes, he did ;-) that I should begin to contact new Linux distributors or
21 new distributions maintainers and NOT huge companies like RedHat or SuSe...
22 And I thought Gentoo would be good for my "first time"!
23
24 Are you interrested?
25
26 Please answer. Please let me know if you're interrested. If you're OK, you
27 will be my first "patient" ;-)
28
29 -- Vincent FLEURANCEAU
32 PS : I'm sorry, I can't write very long nor very good in English. I'm
33 french.