From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Which license?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:53:21
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 >
3 > Im working on an ebuild for a package and Im not sure what license to use.
4 > The package is Copyright Company "X" but has this underneath:
7 > ## This software may be freely copied, modified and redistributed
8 > ## without fee for non-commerical purposes provided that this license
9 > ## remains intact and unmodified with any distribution.
10
11 I grepped /usr/portage/licenses/ for the typo in this license --
12 "non-commerical" -- and came up with /usr/portage/licenses/XAnim, which
13 very closely resembles this one. The only difference is the addition of
14 "and unmodified.." which I think is implied by intact.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Donnie
18 --