From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] On banning merge commits
Date: Sun, 08 May 2016 12:01:24
1 Dnia 8 maja 2016 12:30:15 CEST, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> napisał(a):
2 >On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 7:09 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 >>> What is the correct course of action? I would very much like it to
4 >be worded in
5 >>> a document (GLEP and/or Wiki page) so that confusion is avoided and
6 >we all are
7 >>> on the same page on this topic.
8 >>
9 >> You start by accepting my retirement.
10 >
11 >Hey Michał,
12 >
13 >Patrice is just opening up a discussion on a mailing list. Clearly
14 >there are opposing viewpoints on whether we should use merge commits
15 >and/or how often. Making vague threats without any rationale/reasoning
16 >about why you would dislike any change in this direction is completely
17 >unproductive for the Gentoo community. I would be very interested in
18 >what your proposed way forward is, and why.
19
20 No, he didn't. He stated an imaginary fact ('we all seem to agree...'), and asked how to *enforce* that formally. That's not how you request differing opinions.
21
22 It's rather the common Gentoo reboot in which for Nth time you propose the same thing, pretend that all previous opposition didn't happen and hope people will be tired enough to let you have what you want.
23
24 My response is also a common Gentoo response to bad ideas, and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny (by phone)