From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ignoring/overwriting IUSE from an eclass
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:54:46
1 On Mon, 2006-30-10 at 08:26 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Alternate subject: On the sudden appearance of USE=X for tons of stuff
3 >
4 > I really want to use font.eclass in x-modular.eclass to get rid of a lot
5 > of code duplication and more possible bugs. Problem is, it brings in
6 > IUSE=X for every single X package. I cannot figure out how to prevent
7 > this. Setting IUSE="" after the inherit in x-modular.eclass is not enough.
8 >
9 > Anyone got any ideas? The only one I have is to add significant missing
10 > functionality to font.eclass and switch every font package over that
11 > instead of x-modular.eclass.
12
13 Isnt it possible to define something like I_AM_X=1 in x-modular.eclass
14 and in fonts.eclass have a if [[ -z "${I_AM_X}" ]]; then IUSE="X";
15 DEPEND="current depends"; else DEPEND="as if X use flag was forced"; fi
16 and replace the use X with a use X || [[ -z "${I_AM_X}" ]]
19 Olivier CrĂȘte
20 tester@g.o
21 Gentoo Developer
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list