From: Georgy Yakovlev <gyakovlev@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new UID/GID assignement for dnscrypt-proxy (553)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 09:17:42
1 On Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:41:21 AM PDT you wrote:
2 > Any specific reason for 553?
3 >
4 > I had previously suggested that we stay below 500 as long as there is
5 > space. On the one hand it would match the LSB better, on the other hand
6 > we might at some point want to do dynamic allocation counting from 999
7 > downwards, and keeping the fixed IDs below 500 would reduce the chance
8 > of collisions.
9 >
10 > Ulrich
11
12 Makes sense, I missed the part that range above 500 is reserved, thanks.
13 No reason except I wanted it to be ?53, because it listens to :53
14
15 I can assign to 353, it's unused.
18 Best regards,
19 Georgy Yakovlev