From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [Re: [gentoo-dev] Devfs permissions ?! [was:Permissions to dial out ?]]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:02:29
1 On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 11:29:07AM +0100, Viktor Lakics wrote:
2 > Thanks, Daniel,
3 >
4 > I added the appropriate permissions to devfsd.conf and now it works, the perms
5 > are stored (or regenerated accordingly).
6 >
7 > What is the storing system are you referring to? If I disable the
8 > "Automatically mount devfs at kernel boot" option, then I do not have the
9 > devfs at all, so I went back to the old file based system. Is this correct?
10
11 Actually, if you turn off that kernel option, the initscripts still mount
12 devfs if you are using a stock 1.0_rc5 setup.
15 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
16 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
17 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.