From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: Go ebuilds bundling multiple upstream sources
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:17:22
1 On 06/30/2015 11:12 AM, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > As I mentioned in my reply to William [1], we might invent a notion of
3 > having one ebuild execute another ebuild in order to install static
4 > dependencies into a temporary build directory. That way, static
5 > libraries would be built on-demand, and discarded as soon as possible.
6 >
7 > [1]
8 > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/4b150fe36bf9e0ba1eb29b1d695a3193
11 I should note that I'm not very fond of this idea. If the dependencies
12 have separate ebuilds (like dev-go/*), then you can already use
13 something like 'emerge --depclean --with-bdeps=n' to remove the static
14 libraries that aren't needed at run-time.
15 --
16 Thanks,
17 Zac