From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Project Sunrise - Gentoo User Overlay
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 11:34:28
1 On Friday 09 June 2006 12:12, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
2 > This larger group of users are the ones that would benefit
3 > from an overlay.
4
5 And this larger group of people is exactly the same one, that doesn't know to
6 help itself, if necessary and will suffer the most, when something goes
7 wrong. This group of people shouldn't use any overlay.
8
9 I think the basic misconception is that some think we are supposed to provide
10 a package just because it's requested. We need maintainers for every package.
11 Without maintainers: Sorry, no. Period.
14 Carsten