From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos <pocm@××××××××.pt>
Cc: Gentoo Dev ML <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuilds from bugs -> portage unstable -> portage stable
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:55:38
1 On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 21:48, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos
2 wrote:
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > I'd like to know more about how an ebuild that shows up in
6 > bugs.gentoo.org goes to portage as unstable and then passes to stable.
7 > Which are the requirements of each of these phases?
8 >
9 > Best regards,
10
11 Well, generally the ebuild goes to the developer(s) whom would probably
12 end up being responsible for the ebuild. For example, if you posted an
13 ebuild for a game, the Gentoo Games Team would get the bug. One of the
14 team would take the ebuild and test it. If the ebuild syntax looks
15 good, then we would add it to portage as ~arch for the architectures we
16 can test. If after an unspecified period of time (usually 30-90 days)
17 there are no outstanding bugs for the ebuild, it then gets changed to
18 stable.
19
20 I know that doesn't cover every case, but that is the general way it
21 works.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Developer, Gentoo Linux
26 Games Team