From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Candidates for global USE flags
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:39:38
1 On 27 September 2011 10:33, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > Ulrich Mueller posted on Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:37:38 +0200 as excerpted:
3 >
4 >>    29   webkit
5 >
6 > I've run into problems with this one, and think it should be split.  At
7 > minimum, there's qt-webkit and webkit-gtk.  As a kde user I want qt-webkit
8 > but for instance, the gimp pulls in webkit-gtk if USE=webkit is set
9 > globally, which I do NOT want, especially since one of /its/ pulled-in
10 > dependencies appears to be the libproxy that was giving kde users so many
11 > problems at one point. (I don't know if it still does as I don't have it
12 > installed, but that bug DEFINITELY has me steering a WIDE path around
13 > libproxy.)
14 >
15 > So IMO this one should really be split into webkit-qt and webkit-gtk or
16 > some such, since it's really referring to two (at least) different things.
17
18 Not USE="qt webkit" or USE="gtk webkit", with ebuilds requiring one or
19 both to be set ?