From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last Rites - August 27th - September 2nd 2007
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 05:35:07
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
3
4 >> I'm not so sure. The last rites have historically always been for
5 >> complete removals of a package from the tree. Is there any reason to
6 >> change it?
7 >
8 > Well, different slots and different packages can be considered to be the
9 > same on many levels. So the removal of all versions for a specific slot
10 > could be seen as the removal of a package in some cases.
11
12 I think that in the future if the package(s) are slotted and have been
13 masked pending later removal I will consider them as last rites. Just
14 make it clear that this is the case in your package.mask comment since I
15 usually just ignore everything with a version number on it. ;)
19 dirtyepic you'd be tossed up or wash up, the narrator relates
20 gentoo org in a spartan antarctican walk for many days
21 9B81 6C9F E791 83BB 3AB3 5B2D E625 A073 8379 37E8 (0x837937E8)
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list