From: Mats Hellman <mats.hellman@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Linux Standard Base Project
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:17:25
1 On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Patrick Kursawe wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 06:22:43PM +0200, Pawe? Madej wrote:
4 >> I've found a news that LSB Release3 [1] was announced. So there is my
5 >> question. Are Gentoo Foundation and Gentoo Developers developing Gentoo
6 >> Linux in coordinance with standards provided by this specification?
7 >>
8 >> Could someone give me reasons why yes or no?
9 >
10 > Just two quick thoughts:
11 > - We don't use and don't want to use RPM as our package manager.
12
13 Thank god, I'm still having nightmares because of the April fools joke a
14 few years back.
15
16 > - We don't use and don't want to use the init script system they use.
17
18 One of the first things I noticed about Gentoo back in 2003 when I
19 started using it was the scripts. I allways liked the way they were setup
20 in Gentoo.
23 > Bye, Patrick
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list