From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: java@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tomcat 5.5 in portage
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:00:52
1 Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 12 October 2005 01:36 pm, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >
4 >>The java herd is heavily understaffed.
7 > So how does one get involved? I'm a professional Java developer and a gentoo
8 > enthusiast. I'd love to participate and it would seem my skills would be a
9 > good fit here, especially since you have the need...
13 Use the following resources:
14
15 Developer handbook:
16 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml
17
18 Java bug list:
19 http://tinyurl.com/n9qb
20
21 Experimental java tree:
22 http://gentooexperimental.org/svn/java/gentoo-java-experimental/
23
24 Project pages (under work):
25 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/
26
27 Mailing list:
28 gentoo-java@l.g.o
29
30 IRC:
31 #gentoo-java@freenode
32
33 Basically pick something you are most interested in. This being a Tomcat
34 5.5 thread, you could start by testing the state of 5.5 in experimental.
35 I think I need to port some fixes from official to the official tree,
36 but of course that is something you can start with. Just contact me with
37 svn diffs and I can get them committed to the experimental tree. You can
38 always contact me for more information.
39
40 Regards,
41 Petteri Räty (Betelgeuse)