From: Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: renaming "rc" binary in OpenRC
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:14:38
1 On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 09:09:16PM +0000, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > If that's the case then I see no reason to go through the migration path
3 > for users :) The symlink thing can be done immediately.
4
5 Awesome. Great to hear it!
6
7 > I am wondering, wouldn't Debian be able to rename "rc" to "openrc" in
8 > their openrc package just before merging it to the read filesystem (I
9 > assume Debian also builds and installs in sandbox first?)? In this case
10 > we will not have to touch openrc (or the ebuild) at all.
11
12 Again, I'm not the maintainer, so don't hold me to this - but I remember
13 hearing something about something somewhere thinking the name is `rc',
14 even after moving the binary out of the way.
15
16 It'd also be great to have a similar setup in Gentoo and Debian, but I
17 can clearly see how Gentoo'ers would be resistant to such a tough change
18 to make.
19
20 > --
21 > Regards,
22 > Markos Chandras
23
24 Cheers,
25 Paul
28 .''`. Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@××××××.org> | Proud Debian Developer
29 : :' : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352 D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87
30 `. `'` http://people.debian.org/~paultag
31 `- http://people.debian.org/~paultag/conduct-statement.txt