From: "Damon M. Conway" <damon@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem adding user + Internationalization
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:57:54
1 Sylvain OBEGI wrote:
2 >Hello
3 >I tried to add an user, but ran into troubles. When doing a adduser
4 >command, i got a message about problem with homedir or something like
5 >that. Of course no home dir is created. And, I cannot log in with the
6 >new user.
7 >Any idea?
8
9 You need to give useradd the -m option to create the home dir. You need to
10 run the passwd command on that user to set the pass so you can login.
11
12 >How to change add/change language in apps like kde?
13
14 No idea.
15
16 However, these types of questions are best suited for gentoo-user. Please
17 use that list for general how-to questions. There are lots of developers
18 who watch that list. Thanks.
19
20 http://cvs.gentoo.org/mailman/listinfo/gentoo-user
21
22 kabau
25 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
26 would also stop you from doing clever things." --Doug Gwyn