From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug wrangler queue is large...
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 03:05:25
1 On Tue, 25 May 2010 22:08:55 +0200
2 Harald van Dijk <truedfx@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 03:33:33PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > > On Tuesday 25 May 2010 14:46:01 Matti Bickel wrote:
6 > > > I wrangle bugs when there's a need and I'd
7 > > > like to hear what maintainers want to see on a bug assigned to
8 > > > them. If info is missing I usually ask for it and assign the bug
9 > > > anyway. If that's not wanted, let me know.
10 > >
11 > > i dont feel like this should go to the maintainer yet. if a report
12 > > is missing something that the maintainer needs, it isnt ready for
13 > > them to look at. so wranglers ask for it, leave it assigned to
14 > > bug-wranglers, and close as NEEDINFO. when (if) things become
15 > > available, it can then be re-opened and moved to the maintainer.
16 >
17 > No, don't close as NEEDINFO, mark as ASSIGNED. NEEDINFO bugs cannot be
18 > reopened by other users, even if they provide the requested
19 > information. NEEDINFO bugs are also easily forgotten about when the
20 > reporter forgets to reopen the bug him/herself. Plus, it's in the
21 > docs anyway.
22
23 If you have to CLOSE a bug because it's blatantly lacking the proper
24 info, language, spelling etc, then CC yourself. It's the least you can
25 do to make sure there's some kind of follow-up.
28 Regards,
29 jer