From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: News item: Upgrading Apache from 2.2 to 2.4
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 14:36:15
1 On 2016-01-17 19:18, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 > Second attempt!
3 >
4 > ===
5 >
6 > Title: Upgrading Apache from 2.2 to 2.4
7 > Author: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
8 > Content-Type: text/plain
9 > Posted: 2016-01-17
10 > Revision: 1
11 > News-Item-Format: 1.0
12 > Display-If-Installed: www-servers/apache
13 >
14 > With the 2.4 branch released by upstream almost 4 years ago, stable
15 > Gentoo systems will soon be upgraded from apache 2.2 to apache 2.4.
16 > When upgrading, chances are some configuration changes have to be
17 > made. Upstream has a handy guide:
18 >
19 > https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html
20 >
21 > For more information on all the new features, start here:
22 >
23 > https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/new_features_2_4.html
24 >
25 > ===
26 >
27 > A bit more concise and less personal. Better?
28 >
29 > Cheers,
30 >
31 > Dirkjan
34 I think the use of "chances" here depresses the importance of
35 configuration changes.
36
37 This is debatable, but I think it should be "there are some
38 configuration changes that must be made."
39
40 Primarily in regards to the Order directive being (re)moved to an
41 optional module.