From: Torsten Veller <ml-en@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: perl-module.eclass -- review
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 12:09:20
1 * "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>:
2 > On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 03:08:52PM +0100, Torsten Veller wrote:
3 > > Please review the attached perl-module.eclass.
4 > > Patch linked below.
5 > Are you going to include the changes from Bug 254980 so that s390 can
6 > build their stages properly?
7 >
8 > Specifically, going to EAPI2 and adding DEPEND="dev-lang/perl[!build]"
9 > to the eclass.
10
11 Currently the eclass doesn't set any dependencies.
12 If it is used the ebuild has to depend on perl if needed.
15 I see the following options:
16
17 1) Don't add DEPEND to the eclass.
18 So if a package is used for stage-building we have to raise EAPI and
19 depend on dev-lang/perl[-build] in the ebuild.
20
21 The part I don't understand in the bug above is:
22 Does adding dev-lang/perl[-build] automagically reinstall
23 perl during stage-building
24 (here portage stops and complains).
27 2) Add DEPEND conditionally to the eclass.
28 To give ebuilds the chance to inherit perl-module.eclass
29 (and currently also perl-app.eclass) and support perl conditionally,
30 we have to add another global variable to check it.
31
32 (Checking CATEGORY and perl? probably could be added additonally)
35 3) Add DEPEND.
36 Always depend on dev-lang/perl and
37 if EAPI=2 then depend on dev-lang/perl[-build]
40 Comments?